Starting a bottling water company in Nigeria is a very lucrative and good business to invest in considering the population and the target market. The demand of clean water has expanded the market of Bottle water in Nigeria.
The Potential market place throughout Nigeria is unlimited and the very- growing population of Nigeria has made an added advantage for anyone to start, run and manage a bottle company efficiently in Nigeria. It is very good idea to start a bottle water company in Nigeria now with some limited capital and grow the business with time because there are currently a plan by the Federal government of Nigeria through a bill in the senate to ban the selling of Sachet water popularly known as pure water in many cities in Nigeria. They will also consider banning other polythene bags because of its impact in the Nigeria Environment. This will be a business boom for anyone who start the bottle water company soon in Nigeria.
Starting and running a bottle water company is very lucrative business in Nigeria and you can start with a starting-capital of between 1.8 Million Naira and 12 Million Naira for a start. You will also cover about 30 percent of your initial investment in one year because of the high demand of bottle water in Nigeria and within 3 years and half; you have made your initial start-up capital. If you manage your company properly with good management, operation strategy and marketing strategy, you may even cover the 100% initial investment within 2 years and half of starting the business.
Mineral water which is being used in every office, party, traveling, schools and in homes at many cities in Nigeria gives it an advantage and makes it one of the most profitable business one can invest in Nigeria.
Basic things needed to start a Bottle Water Company in Nigeria
Water which is the most and vital raw material needed for bottle water production in Nigeria is always available in every part of Nigeria considering that there are many sources one can use to get its raw material as Nigeria is blessed with many waters underneath the land and other spring waters.
1. Bottle Supplier is very crucial to consider because you need to find a reliable bottle production company that is a member of the International bottled water Association and you can sign up for a membership with them. You need them to supply the bottle plastic and cap for your bottle water company in Nigeria. You can find some bottle water supplier at Vconnect or Environmental expert.
2. Water source is very essential because you need to have a very good water source that can be dependable for a long time. You can get a spring water, mineral water, bore hole or other sources and listing your source of water in your label gives you a good advantage and some people usually checks the sources of water before buying.
3. Machines needed for the water treatment, filtering , dispensers, sealers, and other things is very essential and you must make sure that the plant will use reverse osmosis, filtration and ozonator water treatment as this is standard set by NAFDAC ( National Agency for food and drug Administration and Control)for bottling water company in Nigeria.
4. Storage tanks is very important too as you need to store your water before pumping it into the machine and you can buy some of these tanks at ranging price of 48,000 Naira to 97,000 Naira base on the size of the tank.
5. Government Approval is very essential before you start producing or start selling and getting your approval is by registering with NAFDAC. It costs about 85,000 Naira to register with NAFDAC but I will advise to find some agents that work with NAFDAC officials to be able to fasten your registration process and they may demand up to 350,000 Naira to speed up and obtain the Approval for your company. They are recognized by NAFDAC and will also make the site inspection and approval to be easier and often go free. The license is renewable after every 5 years for bottle Water Company.
Other things will be:
• Fire extinguishers and prevention equipments.
• Alternate Power supply.
• Online Batch Number Printer.
• Trucks for delivering finished product.
• Offices for administration purposes.
• Office Equipments
Bottle water filter and washer, filler and packaging Machines which you will also need to buy